Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I'm a bad bad husband

I'm lazy, I don't try to hide it or make excuses, I'm just plain old lazy. This lazyness has brought upon a new low recently though. It's gotten so bad my lovely wife is now advertizing for a stunt husband, a man to come in and do the yard/house work that needs to be done. Recently my lovely wife has weeded all our gardens, trimmed some trees, cleaned up our house etc... In fact as we speak she's doing laundry. Of course this wouldn't normally be all bad, but with her being 34 weeks pregnant she shouldn't really be having to do all this stuff. Now it's not all bad last night I was put in charge of cleaning up the nursery a bit, this after taking about 4 extra weeks to paint it. I think I did a great job of moving a chair and taking the tape off half the baseboards. I think I need some motivation or a swift kick in the ass, I think I'll let Kiki decide which.

3 comments:

  1. Now, normally I wouldn't stand up for a lazy husband...

    BUT!

    It sounds like she's doing way too much. She needs to slow down, in fact she just needs to stop doing everything. You both need to just sit on the couch for hours, days, weeks even. Just sit. Watch some TV. Hey, do you like crime shows like Cold Case? It's a great show, we watch like 3 hours of it every night so that's like 15 hours a week we waste of our lives. Not sure if you people in Canada have TV though, but you could listen to the radio. You do have radios in Canada, right? Or is it spelled like "radiuo" or something like that?

    Anyway, my real point is this...she's making me look bad & tell her I said she needs to stop being so darn capable before Adam thinks I should, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is called "nesting"; it is a normal phase for a pregnant woman and really should not be interrupted. Let her work as much as she feels is needed or else she will instinctually look for additional work to do so that 'cleaning the house' turns into 'replacing the floors'

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your thinking Jess, sitting on the couch doing nothing sounds awesome. Sadly my lovely wife planned a pool party on Saturday so we have 12 adults and 5 kids comming.

    Adam, don't be giving her any ideas, our floors are just fine.

    ReplyDelete